Thursday, December 15, 2011

White and Dark Chocolate Cashew Caramel Popcorn


I have not baked since my last post.  Shocking I know.  I talked to a friend this week and she said, “I haven’t seen anything new on your blog in a while, what gives?”  What gives is that I have been extremely busy with Christmas presents (non-food related), work, friends, and oh, did I mention work!


Well, I am also gearing up for a completely all out insane weekend of baking.  I currently have 6 different dessert dishes I plan to make between today (Thursday) and Sunday, with Saturday dedicated to non-baking time with friends.  Bananas, I know!  I figure if I don’t sleep and drink my meals, I can pull it off.  The really crazy part is that I am super excited to take on all these things.


Back to the popcorn at hand-- I wanted to just make something, anything to get into my kitchen.  I decided to tackle caramel popcorn again.  My last attempt came out well, but I wanted to improve.


I used the same Paula Dean caramel popcorn recipe as before.  I reduced the popcorn from 8 quarts to 6 quarts to ensure a more even coating on the popcorn. I also used half granulated sugar and half brown sugar to ensure a nice crisp coating on the popcorn.  I added cashews this time instead of peanuts.  I also do not like to make things twice, so I drizzled the caramel popcorn with white and dark chocolate to change it up a bit.


I think the popcorn came out really well.  The chocolate did not stick well to the caramel popcorn and broke off when I broke the popcorn into manageable pieces to bag it.  It is still tasty, but I wanted the chocolate to stick to the popcorn, not be like chocolate strings in the bag.  Something to work on in the future.  On to my crazy baking weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment