Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday 2011 Baking Round-Up

Warning—this is a picture free post, due to the fact that I did so much baking, I literally had no time to take pictures.  I was wrapping and distributing cookie packets so fast that I often had to stay up late or wake-up extra earlier to get it done.  But, I did want to share with you some other holiday goodies I made.

Friday, December 16, 2011:  I made the 4 treats featured here.  This was supposed to be my only day of baking.  I took off from work to dedicate the whole day to getting my holiday baking done.  I made treats for my office.  I then took some to the ladies who worked at the gym.  I also gave a few to my Mom to take to work, and this is where the problem began.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011: Not everyone at my Mom’s job got treats on the first go round and more specifically, the people who the treats were intended for, did not receive them.  Also, one of the ministers at my church loves chocolate chip cookies and I wanted to give him and his lovely wife some at the Christmas program on Thursday.  So, I made:
(5) Peppermint Oreo Chip Cookies (chocolate chip cookie base with peppermint Oreo pieces and chocolate chips);
(6) Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (chocolate chip cookies using my smallest sized cookie scoop; one batch yielded over 60 cookies); and
(7) Candy Cane Kiss Blossoms (light chocolate chip cookie batter, with the dough rolled in sugar prior to baking, and a candy cane flavored Hershey’s kiss pushed into the top once out of the oven).

Thursday, December 22, 2011:  Yet again, my Mom got high-jacked at work and the cookies did not reach most of their intended targets.  Plus, my Mom was feeling under the weather on Thursday and was not going to be able to attend the Christmas program at church and I did not want to hold the cookies to Sunday as they would not have been as fresh, so the Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies got broken down from the one tin to several smaller gift bags.  Lastly, I did not feel like the cookies were enough, so I made:
(8) Pecan Brownies (pecan pieces and halves added to my go-to brownie recipe: Baker’s One Bowl Brownie Recipe)

Friday, December 23, 2011: I now needed to remake the chocolate chip cookies for the minister and his wife at my church.  I also received some Virginia peanut as a gift and wanted to use those.  Additionally, I finally saw the Christmas sprinkles I had been waiting for all season at the grocery store, the long green jimmies with red non-perils mixed in.  Lastly, cookies thieves run rampant at my Mom’s job and a couple of the previous day’s cookie packets were pilfered from among my Mom’s things.  I felt the need to replace those packets because some of the best people my Mom worked with had still not received holiday goodies.  So, I made:
(9) Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (part II);
(10) Holiday Browned Butter Sugar Cookies (sugar cookies covered in green jimmies and red non-perils; note to self--only cover cookie top with sprinkles, because when you cover the entire cookie the underside looks like a red and green blob of melted sprinkles); and
(11) Chocolate Dipped Soft Peanut Brittle (soft peanut brittle, dipped in a mixture of three different kinds of dark and semi-sweet chocolate).

Saturday, December 24, 2011: I went to the grocery store that morning and saw green mint chips!  I had to have them and subsequently had to use them.  I decided that these last batches of cookies would go to some members of my church on Christmas Day.  I wanted to give a chocolate option with the green mint chips and a non-chocolate option with one of my favor ingredients, browned butter.  I made:
(12) Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies (green mint and mint chocolate chips in a chocolate cookies base) and
(13) Browned Butter Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies (oatmeal cookies made with browned butter and butterscotch chips mixed in).

That is it; 13 batches of holiday cookies in a week!  I was delighted with the results however, and more than happy to be able to get into my kitchen so much considering it was a work-week during this cookies madness!  Now, you can see why I did not have time to pick up the camera.

I hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment