I really just did not feel like writing about this or anything else; I guess you can say I am not feeling it :-) Anyway, so here is my Cookies and Cream Panna Cotta (left) and Strawberries and Cream Panna Cotta (right) with Xanthan Gum as my gelling agent. The cripsy, sweet Florentine cookies accompany the panna cotta on a side plate.
Blog check language: The February 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies.
Friday, February 18, 2011
1/2 cup (2 sticks) Butter, room temperature
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
2 1/2 tsp Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Buttermilk
3/4 cup – 1 cup Sprinkles, the longer cylindrical sprinkles (not the little balls)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare three 8 inch baking pans.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time until just combined to butter mixture.
4. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
5. Shift together dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk into the butter mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
7. Fold in sprinkles until incorporated. Do not over mix.
8. Pour into prepared pans and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes, until the cake is golden brown, pulling away from the sides of the pan and a cake tester comes out clean.