Friday, February 18, 2011
18. Confetti (Non-celebration) Cake
1/2 cup (2 sticks) Butter, room temperature
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
2 1/2 tsp Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Buttermilk
3/4 cup – 1 cup Sprinkles, the longer cylindrical sprinkles (not the little balls)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare three 8 inch baking pans.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time until just combined to butter mixture.
4. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
5. Shift together dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk into the butter mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
7. Fold in sprinkles until incorporated. Do not over mix.
8. Pour into prepared pans and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes, until the cake is golden brown, pulling away from the sides of the pan and a cake tester comes out clean.