Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Baking 2011


This year was about doing something different and re-inventing old classics.  I also took into account the taste buds of the friends I was baking for, and my desire to decorate cookies.  This is the first post in a series of post about my holiday baking adventure.  Each post, after this one, will feature a different holiday treat and its recipe.


This year, I reserved my Christmas baking until last full weekend before Christmas.  Of course, other events and plans came up.  My weekend full of baking turned into a Friday of baking and weekend spotted with some decorating activities in the early morning or late night hours.




All the baking was completed and gifts packed by Sunday night, and transferred to the recipients by Monday.




One final note about the upcoming posts, I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures.  I was so busy over the weekend that I did not want to pause and actually take pictures during the process.  I went from decorating to wrapping, without giving thought to my camera.  So, please bear with the meager pictures.




The holiday baking treats include: Vanilla Bean Decorated Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Crunch Pinwheel Cookies, Gingerbread Men & Snowflakes, and Carmel Pecan Brownie Chip Cookies.




[I started writing this post the weekend before Christmas, but I have been really short on time this week, so unfortunately, this series of posts will extend past Christmas.  I have two suggestions, (1) these recipes are good, so good that you can make them after Christmas, or (2) bookmark these recipes for Christmas baking 2012 and then scold me for not starting earlier.]


No comments:

Post a Comment