Monday, December 05, 2011

Flyby Post: Lemon, Lemon, Lemon (in a Jar)


My friend has a Birthday coming up this week and we celebrated over this past weekend.  In June or July she saw the lemon cake I made for mom’s Birthday in 2010 on my blog.  She asked for that cake then, and I told her I would make it for her Birthday in December, figuring (a) she would forget or (b) by December she would not want a lemon cake, which reads summer to me.


So, I thought the cake idea had sufficiently died until 1.5 weeks ago when we were making Birthday plans and she mentioned the lemon cake.  She wanted to share the lemon cake with friends at a Birthday dinner at out favorite vegetarian restaurant.  A full cake would not travel well for this setting, so I decided that cake in a jar would be perfect.


After finishing the meal out came the cake in a jar.  My friend, being the sweet-lover that she is, loved her cake and side stepped the small spoon that was more decorative then useful, and picked up her dinner fork to eat the cake.  Her husband, however, decided to use the little spoon and dropped a fourth of the cake on his pants.  All in all, it came out well and tasted yummy… even if it was a summer cake made in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment