Sunday, October 09, 2011

Bachlorette Party Cookies


A few weeks ago, I posted some engagement cookies for my dear friend Jay.  But what you do not know is that I have another dear friend, Yae, who is getting married very, very soon, October 22 to be exact.  This is the first in a series of post (I am thinking a total of three or four), which will be dedicated to treats for Yae’s wedding activities.


The first activity I baked for was Yae’s bachlorette party.  I did A LOT of baking for this event, but all I have pictures of are the favor cookies (because I am lame and forgot to snap pictures of the other food).  But to give you a little sample of the menu it included: almond cake truffles dipped in purple candy melts with purple sugar sprinkles; strawberry cake truffles dipped in purple candy melts with heart sprinkles; lemon bars cut into circles; brownies cut into hearts; triple chocolate chip cookies; sweet cinnamon sugar palmiers; and savory sun-dried tomato and pesto palmiers.


I took on all of the above, plus these lovely lingerie cookies that served as favors. I used my new favorite sugar cookie recipe and a not-so-loved royal icing recipe.
The tag for the favor bag was designed by another of Yae’s bridesmaid, Ste. She did an awesome job and I wish I had her graphic design skills.


The party was a success.  There was tons of food, laughs, and slightly inappropriate commentary.  Most importantly, Yae enjoyed herself and the Bridesmaids were able to deliver a party she wanted and loved.


My (New) Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

Adapted from Bake at 350

Ingredients:
2 sticks (1 cup) Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg or Egg Substitute
2 tsp Princess Flavor Emulsion
3 cup All-purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

Method:
1. Cream together the sugar and butter.

2. Add in egg or egg substitute.

3. Add in flavor emulsion.

4. Stir in flour and baking powder.

5. Roll-out sugar cookie dough, between parchment paper if desired (I roll my cookies thicker than most). Cut out desired shape and place cookies and parchment on cookie sheet and place in fridge or freezer to chill, this prevents the cookies from spreading in the oven.

6. Once chilled, not frozen, preheat oven to 350F.

7. Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on how cold the cookies are and the cut-out selected. Look for the cookies to be gentle brown around the bottom edge of the cookies and firm in the middle.

8. Cool and decorate as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment