Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fly-by Post: Birthday Baking


I am making a sincere effort to blog more about what I bake.  I bake A LOT more than what I post here.  I bake for my office at least once a week, but usually twice.  Not all of those treats make it here, however.  That would require me to take pictures AND write witty stories about everything I make.


I recently got a new camera, well not so recently.  But, I did recently up load the software to get the pictures from my camera to my computer.  This camera takes amazing pictures.  Not that they are all artistic and I do not have the time for photo styling, but I get much more awesome quality pictures than with my previous camera (which the view finder showed static due to it being dropped and I still used it for over a year).


So, I will be posting more pictures here of what I bake.  I cannot promise the writing will be phenomenal; heck, the writing is not phenomenal now.  So, here is my first fly-by post.


Another cross-continental friend, Sef, is having a birthday soon.  I wanted to send her some treats, just a few sweet and not so sweet options.  One of Sef’s favorite things I have ever made weas cheddar and dill scones—go figure, something savory.  I do not do savory often and out of all the sweet things I make, she had to love this one savory thing.


So, for her birthday I decided to whip these up.  I adapted the Barefoot Contessa’s Cheddar Dill Scone recipe, available on Food Network.com.


I couldn’t only do something savory, so I made something sweet as well.  I wanted to do something different.  I came up with the idea of Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodle Cookies.  After doing some internet searching, I found the name Cinnadoodle Cookies and adapted a recipe from Two Peas & Their Pods.


Lastly, a gift is not a gift without chocolate.  So, I made Mint Brownie Chip Cookies.  I folded in fully baked frozen brownie pieces and mint morsels into chocolate chip cookie batter.  I am really feeling brownies in cookies right now.


I hope Sef likes her treats and has a wonderful birthday.  (Please access the above site/blog to find the recipes.  Because this is a fly by post, I did not have time write up the recipes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment