Saturday, March 10, 2012

Name that Dessert Revealed



In this post, I started a name that dessert challenge due to some technology issues.  Then I got impatient decided I did not want to keep my readers waiting and uploaded the pictures any.  So, now I am going to reveal the mystery dessert.  It is one of my favorites!




Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!  This combination of flavors is one of my favorites.  It all started years ago with a cookie from Potbelly’s.  I was never a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies, and when I discovered this little gem, I was hooked.  (Irony- I do not like raisins, so I do not like oatmeal raisin cookies.  I do not like chocolate, but like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  weird; I know!)




This recipe has probably yielded the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have ever made.  I enjoyed the crisp edges and chewy center texture.  I made these a little smaller than normal, using my 3 TBS volume cookie scoop.  I also used mini chocolate chips instead of full sized chips.  Yes, I think they made all the difference in texture.  The mini chips provide a little textural contrast to the cookie without being too much.




Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (egg replacer)
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
1- 10oz bag Mini chocolate chips

Method
1. Cream together the butter and sugars.

2. Add egg (or replacer) and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.

3. Add baking soda, powder, and salt and mix.

4. Lastly add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips, mixing until combined.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment