Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Doggie Treats


For the holiday season I have been baking treats for each of my friends based on their own person preferences. I made Ferro Rocher cupcakes for a friend recently and she likes to share everything with her dog. But dogs cannot have chocolate and I did not want him to feel left out, so I whipped up some quick and easy doggie treats for him.


He loved the doggie treat. When I gave it to him, at first, he sniffed it and turned away from it. So, I left him there and walked to the kitchen. When I returned not 1 minute later looking for the treat, it was gone and he was licking his lips. The faker did not want anyone to seem him eat like a little piggy and it was like pulling teeth to get him to share with his doggie cousin.

So, these cookies have been given the Miniature Dachshund and Shih Tzu paws of approval.

DOGGIE TREATS

Ingredients
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/8 cup Honey
1/2 cup Veggie Broth (or Chicken/Beef)
1 cup Rolled Oats, roughly chopped
1 cup Flour (I used All Purpose, but you can use Whole Wheat and increase liquid slightly)
Method

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

2. Mix together wet ingredients.

3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix thoroughly.

4. Roll out between wax paper or on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutter. Scraps can be re-rolled.

5. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until the cookies are golden brown on top. This produces crunchy cookies which dogs tend to like.

6. Remember: Though these use all human edible ingredients, they will probably not taste super good to you-- there is not enough sugar for a true peanut butter cookie, not to mention the addition of savory stock. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment