Friday, July 27, 2012

Oreo’s Centennial Celebration Continues





I was in the grocery store, where so many of my ideas begin, and saw Golden Oreo Fudge Cremes with Birthday Cake Filling.  The Birthday Cake cream filing has reappeared, after it seemed like public love and outcry that its previous limited release was a little too limited.  During its previous release, I made these inspired cookies.  Everyone in my office loved them, but I could no longer find the cookies after I made those cookies.  I was out of town at a wedding a few weeks later and I saw them at a local grocery story there.  I bought 10 packages of Birthday Cake Oreos.








Do not judge me. I was so excited that I did not think reasonably.  I shared my impulse over-purchase with co-workers and other that did not get a chance to taste the cookies the first go round.  When I saw the Fudge Cremes, there was no urge to buy enough cookies to feed a large daycare center, however.  I bought two packages, one I used for this dessert and the other I used for pictures (which remains at home, opened but disappearing slowly).








After I bought these, I did not know what to do with them.  They are tasty, if that is your thing, but that is not my (or my housemates) thing.  What to do?  When in doubt, Rice Krispie it out!  I decided to incorporate them into the old standby, no-bake, yet delicious treat.  Instead of chopping them up (been there, done that, blogged about it), I layered them in the treat.








These are not rocket science to create—Lay down a layer of cookies, a half batch of rice krispies treats, repeat…top with sprinkles.  That is about it.  So, if you are in the mood to celebrate Oreo’s Birthday all over again, you may want to try these, or I would recommend trying the Original Birthday Cake Oreos, which have made a reappearance in stores this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment