Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Nutrageous Birthday Gift

I have a friend who is a huge fan of nuts (but doesn’t like peanut butter (yeah, I do not get that either)).  This friend celebrated a glorious Birthday over the weekend and I wanted to sprinkle her with desserts that all have nuts as the star or one of the star ingredients.


I made six different nut desserts with seven different types of nuts.  Yeah, I was in my kitchen half of Friday and all of Saturday, not to mention packaging up the gift on Sunday, but it could not have been for a nicer, more deserving person.  MLJ’s (the Birthday girl) nutrageous dessert package was put in the mail and is on its way to wishing her a great Birthday.


Due to the sheer number of desserts and recipes (and potentially pictures), I have decided to break the gift down into several posts.


Post 1 (this post): Will introduce you to the Nutrageous Gift Pack

Post 2: Will feature Pecans and Peanuts

Post 3: Will feature Brazil Nuts and Macadamia Nuts

Post 4: Will feature Walnuts, Almonds, and Pistachios



Happy Birthday MLJ and I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your gift, preferably before you read these posts.  I would hate to ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment