Cut into cubes...(as adapted from the back of a Corn Meal Canister [I do not remember which one])
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Mix together all dry ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Prepare with floured, non-stick spray a 9X13 pan (if making dressing) or a 9x9 or 8x8 if making plain cornbread to eat.
5. Cook for approximately 25 minutes for the 9x13 pan. Look for the bread to be golden brown in color, the sides to pull away from the pan, and a tester coming out clean when poked in the center.
2. Sauté 1 shallot, 8 oz baby portabella mushrooms, and minced garlic together, in olive oil, until soft.
3. Dice two apple sage vegetarian sausages and add to pan.
3. Mix pan ingredients with cornbread cubes, salt, pepper, and two heaping handfuls of dried cranberries.
4. Add 1 box of veggie stock to mixture and spoon dressing into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
5. Dot the top of the dressing with butter (or margarine).