Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Taste the Sensation
I have said it before, but it bears repeating- I think nearly anything sweet can be baked into a cookie. This week I was inspired to bake a York peppermint patty into a cookie.
The cool thing about these Yorks are that they are Halloween theme, so they are a bright orange color in the middle and catch you by surprise when you bit into the cookie.
I absolutely adored this cookie! The mint was refreshing and the color joyous.
York Peppermint Patty Cookies
- Batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe (without the chocolate chips in the batter)
- 1 package fun sized York Peppermint Patties
- Chocolate chips
1) Freeze the York Peppermint Patties.
2) Wrap the frozen patties in cookie dough. Remember the orientation of the Patties in the cookie so they are placed flat.
3) Press chocolate chips into the top of the cookie to give a little more chocolate flavor, if you desire.
4) Freeze or refrigerate the filled cookie.
5) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake until the cookies just begin to brown on top, about 15-18 minutes from semi-frozen. Do not over bake or the filling of the Peppermint Patty will ooze out. (It does look kind of cool and possibly makes a good Halloween party cookie because of the ick factor.)