Lastly, I took time to read through hours of materials on making royal icing. I definitely discovered a few mistakes I have made in the past: 1) I never mixed my royal icing long enough in the mixer (until it is light and fluffy with a matte finish), 2) My piping consistency royal icing was too firm and I could not get clean, straight lines, and 3) My flood consistency icing was too thin and contained a lot of air bubbles. So, in completing this challenge I solved those issues and I am a better cookie decorator for it.
So all in all a GREAT challenge with ABSOLUTELY YUMMY results. You can check out the other Daring Bakers’ creations at the Daring Kitchen.