9.5 Tbs - Butter, Browned
1 C - Sifted, Cake Flour
1/2 tps - Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/4 C - Brown Sugar
1/6 C - Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tps – vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and put a rack in the center. Spray muffin pan with flour and shortening mixture.
4. Beat the brown butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well, and then the vanilla extract.
5. Stir in the flour mixture at low speed until just combined.
6. Scope the batter into the muffin cups. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until golden brown on top and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing the cakes to the cooling rack to cool completely.
PECAN PRALINE BROWNED BUTTER BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1 recipe Swiss Buttercream (Recipe Below)
1/3 cup praline paste (Make your favorite praline and then grind to a paste in a food processor)
1 ½ – 2 Tbsp. Jamaican rum (optional)
1. Blend ½ cup buttercream into the paste, then add to the remaining buttercream.
2. Whip briefly on med-low speed to combine.
3. Blend in rum.
SWISS BUTTER CREAM
2 Large Egg Whites
1/4 + 1/8 C - sugar
1 1/2 stick Butter, Browned, slightly firm
1 ½ -2 Tbs - Caramel Syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Place the egg whites in a large bowl of a electric mixer and beat with the whisk attachment until the whites are foamy and they begin to thicken (just before the soft peak stage).
2. Set the bowl over a saucepan filled with about 2 inches of simmering water, making sure the bowl is not touching the water. Then, whisk in the sugar by adding 1-2 tablespoon of sugar at a time over a minutes time.
3. Continue beating 2-3 minutes or until the whites are warm (about 120 degrees) and the sugar is dissolved. The mixture should look thick and like whipped marshmallows.
4. Remove from pan and with either the paddle or whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and sugar on med-high until it is a thick, cool meringue, about 5-7 minutes. *Do not overbeat*. Set aside.
5. Place the butter in a separate clean mixing bowl and, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter at medium speed for 40-60 seconds, or until smooth and creamy. *Do not overbeat or the butter will become too soft.*
6. On med-low speed, blend the meringue into the butter, about 1-2 Tbsp. at a time, over 1 minute. Add the liqueur and vanilla and mix for 30-45 seconds longer, until thick and creamy.
Refrigerate 10-15 minutes before using.
3oz - Chocolate
3/8 C - Heavy Cream
1/2 Tbs - Light Corn Syrup
3/8 tps - Vanilla
1. Stir heavy cream and light corn syrup together in a small sauce pan until it comes to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate.
3. Let sit for 30 seconds, then stir to completely melt the chocolate.
4. Stir in vanilla and let cool slightly. The consistency should be good for dipping/pouring over cake.
1. Slice each browned butter pound cake muffin into thirds horizontally.
2. Between the layers pipe or spread the pecan praline browned butter buttercream frosting.
3. Genteelly press the cake layer and butter cream together. Clean up any frosting that may have slipped out the slide.
4. Refrigerate the cake to allow the buttercream to firm up.
5. Now is the time to prepare the ganache glaze. Dip the petit four in the chocolate ganache or drizzle the ganache over the petit four.
6. Allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature or place back in the fridge for a short amount of time.
Lastly, enjoy the yummy taste of your creation!